Grilled Maui Pineapple Salsa
Sunset grilling at Kaanapali Alii enhances the natural sweetness of the fresh tropical fruits and vegetables! Share this delicious salsa with family and friends at our oceanfront grills!
|1 whole||Pineapple – cored, outer peel cut off, cut in 1 inch thick rings|
|2 each||Jalapenos – cut in half, inner seeds and white portion removed|
|2 medium||Maui Onions – cut in ½ inch slices|
|4 ears||Fresh Corn on the cob – husk and silk removed|
|1 large||Red Bell Pepper – cut in ½, seeds removed|
|2 each||Limes – cut in half|
|1 bunch||Cilantro – rinsed and chopped|
|Pinch||Salt & Pepper – to taste|
• Heat grill with lid closed. 450 degrees is best for grilling. Keep lid closed while cooking.
• Place corn directly on grill. Cook 10 minutes, turning frequently.
• Place Maui pineapple and onion slices directly on grill, turn after 5 minutes. Grill another 5 minutes.
• Place red bell pepper halves and jalapeno halves on grill, turn after 3 minutes. Cook another 2 or 3 minutes.
• Cut cooked corn off cob into a bowl.
• Chop: grilled pineapple, onion, jalapeno, red bell peppers, and cilantro. Mix into bowl with corn. Squeeze 2 limes over the mixture and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.
• Enjoy as an appetizer with chips or over your favorite grilled chicken or fish!
An Alii grill master arrives at the resort’s popular oceanfront gas barbecue grills at dinnertime and offers cooking tips plus a variety of rubs and spices on a complimentary basis for guests of Kaanapali Alii. The barbecue grills are the centerpiece of the Alii’s picnic lanai located directly on the best stretch of Kaanapali Beach. A fragrant herb garden and complimentary plates, utensils, napkins, and aluminum foil add to the appeal of this inviting area reserved for Alii guests only.