Lahaina Civic Center, June 6, 2012 starting at 5pm
NBA basketball players are returning to Maui on June 9th. ‘NIGHT OF SHOOTING STARS’ will include two feature games at Lahaina Civic Center.
5:00 PM – Novelty warm-up contest highlighting Celebrity all-stars (comprised of music, movie, media personalities, community leaders, and athletes from others sports) against all-stars selected from the basketballMAUI Summer Camp program.
6:00 PM – The PRO all-stars will hit the court for a match-up. Watch NBA talent, top college stars, and international players.
The games are presented annually by basketballMAUI as part of and in support of their youth and basketball program development on the island. The event will include a free pre-game concert featuring highly acclaimed gospel reggae band Christafari, as well as game and post game entertainment of live music, performers, and special guests.
Pre-Game Concert : Christafari
tickets are $5.00 in advance and $8.00 at the gate…they are available at Kihei Christian Bookstore and the following churches:
Faith Family Maui
- Isaiah Thomas, Sacramento Kings
- Nate Robinson, Golden State Warriors
- Corey Maggette, Charlotte Bobcats
- Kelenna Azubuike, Dallas Mavericks
- Derrick Low, Washington State Star, European Star
- Julian Sensley, UH Star, European Star
- Julyan Stone, Denver Nuggets
- Patrick Ewing Jr, New Orleans Hornets
- Anthony Tolliver, Minnesota Timberwolves
- Bill Amis, UH Star, European Pro
- Von Wafer, Orlando Magic
- Greg Monroe, Detroit Pistons
- Bobby Nash, UH Star, European Pro
- Kyle Pape, CSM star, European Pro
- Gina Hiraizumi, Actress/Singer. Film-Only the Brave TV-ABC’s Castle. Named Top 10 Asian-American Stars to Watch.
- Derick Sebastian, Ukulele Virtuoso, Entertainer, Singer, Songwriter, Instructor
- Mayor Alan Arakawa
- Eric Gilliom, Musician and Actor
- Brian Kohne, Film director and Producer
- Trisha Smith, Radio personality and columnist
- Bruce Anderson, Superintendant of DOE
- Ian Walsh, Pro Surfer
- Micah Nickens, Pro Surfer
- Tatiana Howard, Professional Surfer and Founder of the World Wide Water Woman Movement, The Butterfly Effect.
- Jason Donez, Leilani’s
- Kai Lenny, Pro Surfer
- Duke Aiona,Former Lieutenant Governor
- Ricky Ryan, Pastor Kumulani Chapel
- Tyrone Crews, Retired Football Player
NIGHT OF SHOOTING STARS basketball games admission is $10.00 in advance and $15.00 at the gate for all fans over seven years of age and no-charge for those 7 and under. Advance tickets are available at various Maui Clothing Company and Starbucks locations…visit the website for more details: www.nightofshootingstars.com
Proceeds from the events will support Basketball Maui, a non-profit organization dedicated to the character and basketball fundamentals development of the young people of Maui through the game of basketball. The organization’s mission is to provide youth the opportunity to prepare for success both on and off the court. Under the title of ‘Bigger than Basketball’ the organization has just announced that they pursuing an eventual goal of constructing a multi purpose gymnasium.
For additional information or clarification please contact email@example.com or call (604) 983-9740